Clear all

New character Questions

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 Anne
(@anneplot)
Topic starter  

This is for all beginner players that have any questions. I will try to get back with you as soon as possible. 

Topic Tags
(@almightycarl)

Hi, i’ve not gone to a Larp in a good few years and haven’t filled out a character sheet for one before, where should I be looking for the ruleset for character creation, and what form is suggested?

ReplyQuote
(@jonathan)
Eminent Member

@almightycarl Here is a link to the NERO rulebook.  While our story staff is working hard on making changes to the rulebook to more closely fit our game, from what I understand the base character rules and costs will still follow this rulebook.  If I remember correctly you start with 69 build points to make your character.

https://www.neromass.com/uploads/3/4/3/7/34372607/nero_rule_book_9th_ed.pdf

As for a character sheet, I don't think there is an official one, but the one I use is below.  It is a Google Spreadsheet, so if you have a g-mail account you can make a copy of the sheet and then just delete anything that is mine.  It has a few tabs on the bottom for production (if you wish to do production) and a place for backstory.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q3d_4iIVUeYk6oxxd-wX88Y4r-pjBuj9ulyCLWDhvTo/edit?usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
(@almightycarl)

Awesome! Don’t know what production is, but i’ll be sure to ask this weekend

ReplyQuote
(@jonathan)
Eminent Member

@almightycarl Basically if you want to craft things.  For example I do Alchemy and make gases that mess with the enemies.  But there are also scrolls, potions, weapons and armor and stuff like that.

ReplyQuote
(@jormund)

Anything new players should know for this one? I haven't played since my last larp about 10 years ago, not sure what all I need to bring with me or what I need to brush up on in the rules (i.e., most commonly used spells/skills/etc).

ReplyQuote
(@jewell101)

Spell verbals are likely as you remember them if you'd played Nero or a variant.  Combat hasn't evolved much but there is invariably some nuance.  The one thing I'd say about this game is that its a pretty friendly crowd, eager to help in-game and out.  So don't worry about asking questions as you learn or knock off the rust.

ReplyQuote
(@jonathan)
Eminent Member

@jormund They usually do a intro character mission for all the newbies to help you work through the rules as well.

ReplyQuote
(@jormund)

Thanks for the info, see you all tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
Share: